Bark 1000 Professional Mix
Carefully formulated for longer-term plantings (e.g., vinca, geraniums, moisture sensitive crops) in smaller containers such as flats and smaller pots. Bark 1000's physical properties allow for thorough watering, while maintaining good air porosity and moisture reserves.
Mix Characteristics Include: · Highly buffered horticultural sphagnum peat, plus coarse perlite, processed pine bark, support elements and a wetting agent · Dolomitic lime added for pH adjustment · Pre-moistened for easy handling and use (Available in 2 cu. ft. loose-filled bags, 60 cu. ft. bulk bags and prefilled flats)
Recommended Applications: · Nursery crops · Bedding plants · Transplant production · Foliage crops · Geraniums · Perennials · Moisture sensitive crops · Hanging baskets · Interiorscapes · Potted plants · Poinsettias · Ground and raised beds · Filling planters and window boxes · Repotting plants · Chrysanthemums
Composition: · Aged screened pine bark · Pre-moistened sphagnum peat · Coarse perlite · Dolomitic limestone · Balanced blend of major and minor elements · Wetting agent
Features And Benefits:
· Nutrient and pH Buffering are a feature of this blend. Nutrients are less likely to leach out the bottom of the flat with the high nutrient exchange capabilities of our unique peat. Weekly liquid feeding is desirable; however, due to good nutrient buffering, this blend will require less feeding than many competing blends. Monitoring soluble salts is always recommended in any medium and should be done weekly to insure proper nutrition.
· Freedom from Insects and Disease are important properties in growing mixes. BACCTO Bark 1000 blend is essentially free of insects and diseases. Using the latest in technology and a wealth of experience, all precautions are taken to produce a clean blend and to keep it clean.
· Pre-Moistened Sphagnum Peat provides easy watering and transplanting. Wetting agents are added to provide rapid moistening, especially if the grower dries the medium excessively. The bark also helps make this mix easily wettable.
· Air Porosity and Drainage are balanced in the mix. This allows thorough watering without the problem of a perched water table and waterlogged roots. Moisture is easy to manage in BACCTO Bark 1000 Mix. This formulation is designed for use in most bedding crops.
· Water Holding is good in this blend. Sphagnum peat in combination with the added aggregates produces a blend that is neither too wet nor too dry after a thorough watering. You can water less frequently with this blend.
· Easy Handling is one of the best characteristics of this blend. The light weight and fluffy texture make this material easy to handle. It is neither sticky nor granular, and will hold its texture throughout the life of a longer-term crop.
All Items Can be picked up on site. Print out Map........
Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you! - Bill & Nancy Risher